390 to 460 in 1968 F-100

swatdog51

New Member
I have a 1968 F-100 that has a 390 in it. It blows oil out faster than I can put it in. I can buy a rebuilt 460 and transmission pretty cheap from a friend. How tough is the switch over? Will the motor mounts work?
 
you will need different engine perches. a different exhaust system and a different driveshaft probably. becuase of length and slip in vs bolt on yokes on the two transmissions.
 
i have a 1970 f-250 ford rruck my mechanic says that were getting no spark.i have a msd ignition systen. he gets spark when we bewnch test the distributer,but when we drop it in the truck it seems like it grounds out. he scraped off some silicone from the distributer.could that be my problem?
 
73 to 79 460 mounts will get that 460 in your 68,I used them to put the 460 in my 66 and you might have to move the trans crossmember back a little and drill new holes in the frame.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top