360 Trade For 300 Six For 76 F-150 4x4

medic2575

New Member
Hello again guys, hope all my gear head friends had a great Christmas but santas gone, the VISA bill is on the way and I have another question. I have a 1976 F-150 4x4 with a worn out 360 motor. I had a 300 six in a 1994 F-150 P/U and was really happy with the low end torque and realibility and was wondering if a 300 six could be installed in my ole truck. If this can be done do you think I would be better with this or going with another V8 powerplant that is relatively easily found and pretty inexpensive.


Thanks
 
If it were me,I'd look for another V8 power plant,plus all the work to install the 6 and all its computer components....
 
I would just use another v8 The fuel injection computers and the diffferent tranny is a lot to deal with.
 
I would also stick with the V8. As has already been mentioned to make a 94' six work you would have to use the electronics, that can be a real pain. If I'm not totally in left field I believe you can swap in a 390, I'm preatty sure that it would be a strait across trade. B)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top