35's On Stock Bronco

texastrucker

New Member
I sold the tires on my truck the other day and had my new 35's sitting in the back waiting for the lift so i decided id just put them on for now instead of puttin my first set back on, well i got it all done and mounted and balanced and was getting ready to just pull it into the garage because i didnt think id be able to turn. Well i thought why not try, i took it for a drive and it does not rub lock to lock at all. Someone please explain why my truck is sitting on 35s stock with no problems!!! ill take pictures before my lift arrives on monday so people dont think im blowin hot air :^o :blink: . By the way its a 1989 eddie bauer with a 351w. :P




Turner

:)>-
 
Good question :unsure: , could have someting to do with the setback on the rims. Would like to see it :-B , my 33's rubbed just slightly witha 3" lift :unsure: .

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Hey tx was that sitting still and no rubbing or did you drive it and had no rubbing? Not that I do not believe you I was just amazed.
 
Stock wheels, 35 Tires on a 7.5 x 15's :blink: ? I didn't think they would fit on such a narrow wheel B) . That would give them a narrower profile. Watch out over bumps or you might cut a grove in the tread. Can't wait to see them on your truck :-B .

Good luck,

:)>-
 
LOL my 35,s took the pewdercoat right off the sway bar and the radious arm with a 6 inch lift so has to be something with your rim offset like everyone is saying . Mine are BFG,s all terrains and they arent really that wide . :D
 
I want to see pics of this as well.
It seems like it might be possible, I keep looking at mine and it looks like I can go bigger than the 31's I have now but I'm not gonna try it till I get the lift kit installed. (I have everything ready to go but I gust need a place to do it, I lost the shop I was going to do it in :( )
 
well the rims on mine are 15x8's, and the tires are 35x12.5x15, they dont rub while driving down the road or while driving off road conservatively, ill take pictures, they look real close tot he body but never hit it when im doin anything!
 
I noticed that the 35's on my 89 Bronco fit the wheel well perfectly but I did have 4" of lift. When driving over a rock with a tire stuffed into the wheel well, it fit perfect. I ran 15x10 rims.
 
My stock 15x7's on my '88 Eddie Bauer have 31's on them and they rub my front right steering rod at about 3/4's turn. I have got to see this! Not that I think your fibbin' :^o , but if you can fit those with a 351 then I should be able to fit at least 33's with a 460. I just figured that mine rubbed because of the extra weight from the 460. :huh: :blink:
 
I GOT PICS taken, They will be up by tomorrow!!!!! just took them off the wheel wells with one tire up on a stand, the only thing i coudl do in the driveway. You can definaly see that they arent getting very close to the fenders, it was dark so i didnt get the pictures of them at full lock, but i will tomorrow afternoon :)




Turner

:)>-
 
Yeah, Hawk that is the same as mine...Hey Ranger, where are those pics at? I tried to click on your name to see if maybe you had them on file or something but did not see em. :huh:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top