351m Swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter bronco84
  • Start date Start date
B

bronco84

Guest
Hello Ford Fanatics, I am hearing conflicting recommendations and I am wondering if someone can clear this up for me. I have a 78' donor bronco with a 351m in it and would like to put that motor in my 84' bronco. I know I need to use the bellhousing off of the 351M to fit but the question is regarding the frame perches and motor mounts. Some have said I need to use the frame perches from a 80 to 82 bronco, 150, 250, 350, that had a 351m or 400 in it. Some have said my perches from my I6 will work and just use the original motor mounts from the 78', and some have said to get motor mounts for the 80 to 82 years. So which one is it? Or maybe everyones right? Any help would be great.
:blink:
 
it can work either way but i would recommend getting the 351 motor mounts and perches. remember they are made for that motor and its weight
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top