351c 4v vs 460

cletus

New Member
how would a 71 351 cleveland 4v boss compare to a 460? would there be much differance when it came to power to the wheels?
 
From what i have read and heard from people who have raced the 351c 4v.You can make good top end horse power with the 4V heads.But he 351c is like the 351Mand 400.They suffer from cooling and oiling problems.I swapped my 351M out in place of a 460.There are a lot more aftermarket parts for the 460.You can make 400hp and 500pds of torque at the flywheel out of a 460 with just a cam,intake and a 4bbl carb.With everything else stock and do it under 6000 rpms. I am getting around or a little over 400hp out of mine.
 
I would have to agree, in a very general sense with that last reply. I have a 460 cobra jet and it has avoided issues I have had with the 351 in the past. One thing I like about the 460, since it is run off the 385 block there are tons of options out there and if you are looking for power it is possible and of you are looking for mileage/dependability it has that too, it just depends on what angle you are looking to take it.
 
The 460 will give you much more torque .I had a built 351 4 barrel Cleveland in a 68 Ranger and it had plenty of top end but low end was weak! Bobby
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top