Here goes. I purchased a 77 f-250 2wd in great shape.project truck for me and my son. It has 351C heads on what appears to be a 351M....or is it a 400? Would the heads from a 351 fit on the 400? I know (I think )that they are changable between the 335 serries motors but can they fit on the 400 since the 351M and 400 are the same block? Is there any advantage of having the 351C 2V heads on a "M"?
Has anyone turned a 2wd into a 4wd? I have a 77 250 highboy (good running gear, rusted body). Is it possible to do a front and rear axle swap, transfer case, and some linkage and be on my way? I would think all the spots to put things would be there. A few people I have talked to say they would just swap the body and motor and trans......looks like a bigger pain in the asterisk to do that. I can cut and weld but I haven't messed with electrical or plumbing before. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
Has anyone turned a 2wd into a 4wd? I have a 77 250 highboy (good running gear, rusted body). Is it possible to do a front and rear axle swap, transfer case, and some linkage and be on my way? I would think all the spots to put things would be there. A few people I have talked to say they would just swap the body and motor and trans......looks like a bigger pain in the asterisk to do that. I can cut and weld but I haven't messed with electrical or plumbing before. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve