302 V8 Conversion Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1st rebuild
  • Start date Start date
1

1st rebuild

Guest
I recently converted my 1970 bronco to a 302 v8. after i hooked up my stock 3spd trans and stock transfer case i realized the drive shaft was not long enough. i read that the stock 3spd cannot handle the power of the v8 but i am on a tight budget and need to use stock parts.
My questions are can I use the stock 3spd and if so what modifications will i need to do
without changing the driveshaft.
Also how do i tell the difference between a v8 and v6 stock 3spd transmission.

HELP
thank you
 
I believe the only differance between the 6 cyl. and 8 cyl. drivetrain is the length of the transmission to transfer case housing . The 6 cyl. housing is shorter to compensate for the longer engine. Strength shouldn"t be a problem with a 302.
 
I had my drive shaft made longer for $45.00 by a local machine shop and have never had a problem with it.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top