300 to 302 engine swap

booger

New Member
I have a 79 ford f250 with a 300 straight six with an np435 and I'm swapping in a 86 ford 302 that was matched with a c4 or c6 ? . i was wondering wither or not i will need to find a bell housing, clutch, radiator, motor mounts etc for a 86 302 or a 79 302. any and all help would be appreciated.
 
I have a 79 ford f250 with a 300 straight six with an np435 and I'm swapping in a 86 ford 302 that was matched with a c4 or c6 ? . i was wondering wither or not i will need to find a bell housing, clutch, radiator, motor mounts etc for a 86 302 or a 79 302. any and all help would be appreciated.
I'm not sure on the radiator but the bellhousing is the same as the 300 six. You will need to get a Flywheel for the 86 model 302 as well to prevent any engine balance issues. Everything else from '79 should work.
 
also i was wondering if i needed to use the brain box from the 86 or can i use the brain that is already on the truck
 
I'm not positive but chances are that you will. The only reason I can think you would is for the distributor. It could be wired a little diffrent. One quick way to see is check to see if '86 and '79 use the same part number. You could look for a distributor from a '79 and compare the plug too, or just swap it in. Hope this helps.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top