2wd to 4wd

cmagiera

New Member
Does anyone know what kind of job it is to convert a 1978 Ford F250 that is 2wd to 4wd using a 1978 F150 4x4 front axle? I know I have to change the output shaft in the transmission. I just was wondering if it would take a ton of fabrication or would it bolt right up?
 
Does anyone know what kind of job it is to convert a 1978 Ford F250 that is 2wd to 4wd using a 1978 F150 4x4 front axle? I know I have to change the output shaft in the transmission. I just was wondering if it would take a ton of fabrication or would it bolt right up?
well,I havent personally done it-considering the help of another half ton 4x4 to go by!I would say that it wouldnt be much worse than doing the extreme lift of a half ton(radius brackets,pitman arm,etc)truck except for drilling and getting hardware together.It is a easier task of a half ton front than a three quarter.I hope this will help you a little.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top