2000 Ranger

yardman

New Member
I called Ford with my question, and guess what? They never emailed me with an answer. My question is how much weight can I put on the rear bumper before I have to put on a hitch, anti-sway bars ect.
All I want to do is haul a riding mower, which is 545 pounds in one of those little trailors that no salesman can tell me what the weight is. Which IM sure can't weigh more than the tractor. I can pick the hitch up with one hand.
The wiring is already on the truck. But how much can the bumper withstand?
800lb? 1500lbs?
The last time I had a hitch installed with an electric brake, it cost me over $1000.
But I don't want to lock up my brakes and see the bumper bend up or down.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top