1997 Ford Ranger 2.3L P0401

tchalfant

New Member
Hi all,
New to this sort of thing. I am trying to fix my Ranger (1997 2.3L) and I already replaced the Canister Purge Solenoid/Flow Sensor Assembly because of a different error (it did not pass the smog check). I replaced it and now I get the P0401 error. From what I have found it is the EGR valve sensor. O.K., now the embarrassing question, where is it located on my truck? Please remember I am a newbie at this.
 
OK EGR VALVE IT AT REAR OF ENGINE LEFT SIDE THERE A PIPE GOING IN IT
CHECH PIPE FOR CRACK IP PIPE OR GASKIT LEAK GIVE U PO401 CODE
ANOTHER THING PULL IT OUT CAULD B STUCK WHIT CARBON CLEAN IT AND REPLACE GASKIT

good luck
 
Hi all,
New to this sort of thing. I am trying to fix my Ranger (1997 2.3L) and I already replaced the Canister Purge Solenoid/Flow Sensor Assembly because of a different error (it did not pass the smog check). I replaced it and now I get the P0401 error. From what I have found it is the EGR valve sensor. O.K., now the embarrassing question, where is it located on my truck? Please remember I am a newbie at this.
You need to replace what is called the dpfe it is on the side of the intake and it is probably made out of alum. on your truck it is clogged internally and will cause the P0401 code
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top