1996 Bronco Xlt Tailgate And Seat Question

Hey everybody,

My Dad has a 1996 Bronco XLT....and I have a few questions....

First, he wants me to replace the tailgate. I found one from Veng (www.vengusa.com) and broncograveyard.com. I plan on reusing all the internals for the electric windows.

What parts should I replace on the inside of the tailgate while I am at it?
Are there any good tech articles on doing this?
The tailgate from Veng is for a '92, will this bolt up to the '96?

Also, I need to replace his seat. Where is a good place to find a drivers side grey cloth seat? The Corbeau on Broncograveyard looks pretty good...how does it compare to stock?

thanks for all your help!!!
 
Welcome to the Bronco Zone!
clap.gif


First thing you need to look at with on the tailgate is how much rust is on it and in it.
If it is really rusted out then I would say you should get new weather strips and a new tension spring rod.
Next thing that might be a good idea to change is the wiring harness. Ford has had a problem with this over the years. If you are not having problems yet you most likely will.
BroncoForever is right, 77-86, 87-91 & 92-96 are the same tailgates.

I don't know much about the seats so maybe someone else can answer that question for you.
 
Sweet....last time I had it apart, it looked not too bad on the inside and where the seals are. Just some rust starting to accumulate on the outside. How hard is it to transfer all the guts over to the new tailgate?


So I should probably get thes from Broncograveyard.com?

Tailgate Shell, 83-96 Aftermarket
Weatherstrip, Inner & Outer
Weatherstrip End, Right
Weatherstrip End, Left
Window Regulator Bracket (On Bottom of Window)
Window Regulator Bracket Bushings (4 Per Window)
OEM Window Regulator Roller




I've already replaced the OEM roller once, and the regulator bracket didn't look too bad. I couldn't seem to find the Tension Spring Rod though
 
You rock man!!!

thanks a ton!!! I'll post pictures of the process. My friend Corey is going to do all the paint/etc. We're also getting rid of all the rust under the chrome trim pieces in the rear fender. When I search for those on Broncograveyard, it only comes up with "Wheel Opening Trim Quarter Right, 87-91" and the left side. Will those fit on my 96?


Any help anybody can still give on the seat would be wicked helpful too!!!
 
The best way I can say it is as follows...
If it looks real rusty replace it when you replace the tailgate, if it doesn't look that bad then don't.
It is easier to replace it when you have the gate off then later after you have already replaced it.
There are clips inside the gate that not that easy to get to with the gate on.
 
I just recently got all the parts together. Mine wasn't rusted out that much so I opted not to replace. Plus the shipping was starting to add up with all the crap I was getting :rolleyes:

Thankfully I found the tailgate locally and didn't have to have that shipped
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top