1994 F250 HELP!

fordking_91

New Member
Hi,

I am 16 years old and am looking at a 1994 F250 with 128,000 miles for sale and am thinking about buying it. The only problem is that it is 2WD, I was just wondering if the truck would have rear or front wheel drive? I live in Michigan and this year we had tons of snow and I nee something that won't get stuck in the snow. I was told not to buy a truck with rear wheel drive because they can get stuck very easily when there is a lot of snow on the ground. Would it just be wise to keep looking and get a 4x4, or will the 2WD work fine? The truck is in great condition, it there is no rust, and it has a clean interior. It was owned by a Landscaping Company.

Thanks,
Kris

(P.S. The truck it $3500, the best deal I have found so far.)
 
Hi,

I am 16 years old and am looking at a 1994 F250 with 128,000 miles for sale and am thinking about buying it. The only problem is that it is 2WD, I was just wondering if the truck would have rear or front wheel drive? I live in Michigan and this year we had tons of snow and I nee something that won't get stuck in the snow. I was told not to buy a truck with rear wheel drive because they can get stuck very easily when there is a lot of snow on the ground. Would it just be wise to keep looking and get a 4x4, or will the 2WD work fine? The truck is in great condition, it there is no rust, and it has a clean interior. It was owned by a Landscaping Company.

Thanks,
Kris

(P.S. The truck it $3500, the best deal I have found so far.)


Kris

Being that you have a lot of snow up there I would tell you to hold out until you find something with 4x4, If you look around you find people are getting rid of trucks for nothing. Just like the one I picked up which was a '92 f350 460/c6 100,000 on the odometer $1300.00 give it another month and you will be seeing alot of great deals
 
I agree with F350.. F350 would be a good deal if you didn't need the 4 x 4 but your in Mich. I live in NNY and I would never buy a Rear Wheel Drive for up here.

GL
 
If you buy the truck take it to a mechanic and have it look over. and have him give a value on it as well as the kelly blue book value for the truck and make and offer the that is fair for the shape it is in but not more then it's worth for the miles on the truck and the shape the body is in along with the motor. when you buy trucks used for landscaping the trucks are used for towing and that can burn the tranny. and it also will eat up the ball joints and tie rods along with the A frames in the front end. and if it is a 4x4 be sure to have the components look over because over time they ware out and need to be replaced. and ask for services records and oil change information and that can tell you if it was serviced or not. and also ask for all the repair information and list of parts that where replaced. so you now what you are getting.

Hope this helps
JHengl .
 
I bought a 1993 F250 4X4 for 2500 cash in great shape with 170000 miles and it is rtill running great through all the h!!! I put it through. 4X4 only up where you live or get stuck in the snow!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top