1994 F250 HELP!

fordking_91

New Member
Hi,

I am 16 years old and am looking at a 1994 F250 with 128,000 miles for sale and am thinking about buying it. The only problem is that it is 2WD, I was just wondering if the truck would have rear or front wheel drive? I live in Michigan and this year we had tons of snow and I nee something that won't get stuck in the snow. I was told not to buy a truck with rear wheel drive because they can get stuck very easily when there is a lot of snow on the ground. Would it just be wise to keep looking and get a 4x4, or will the 2WD work fine? The truck is in great condition, it there is no rust, and it has a clean interior. It was owned by a Landscaping Company.

Thanks,
Kris

(P.S. The truck it $3500, the best deal I have found so far.)
 
First off...
Welcome to the "F" Zone!

The only "Front Wheel Drive" pickup I have ever seen is a 4 Wheel Drive with the rear drive shaft broken.

I personally would not buy a 2 wheel drive pick up, they get stuck easily because there is no weight over the rear tires.

Next thing I would do if you really want this truck is go to www.kbb.com and look up the truck's worth.

Good Luck
 
For the kind of money there asking for this truck, you should easily be able to find a 4x4, another thing too remember is the gas mileage that this f-250 is going to get, it probably only gets 10 miles to the gallon at best and gas isn't going to get any cheaper. In my opinion, being only 16 years old and probably not a whole lot of money, I'd find a smaller 4x4 truck something a little easier on the pocket book and gets better mpg's Good luck on what ever you deciced.
 
be careful if you buy from a landscaping company ask for maintenance recodes and oil change information and ask if the truck was used for plowing because it can warp the frame and eat up the ball joints and tie rods along with the A frames in the front. it can also brake the suspicion and and blow the tranny if it pulled heavy weight for a long time. and if you are going to buy it take it to a mechanic and have it checked over and have him give a value on it along with the Kelley blue book value on it. and give a reasonable offer that is fair for the condition it is in but not to high don't spend more then its worth or what you think it's worth. yes 4x4 is nice for winter but 2wd drive can work in the winter with narrow tires and not swamp tires. people carry sand bags or spare tires to weight down 2wd trucks in the winter. or you can buy lead shot weights to put in the truck bed. I have 2 trucks a 1991 ford F150 XL 2wd and a 1992 Ford F150 Supercab xlt 2wd both trucks are long beds. hope this helps.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top