1992 f150 xlt tranny trouble

James Hengl

New Member
I have a 1992 f150 5.0 liter xlt 2wd with overdrive the tranny it will go in revers if you rev it up and the truck will go up to fifty in drive and then won't go any faster. I have check the wiring and fluids and they are fine. I was wondering if it is the torque converter or the gears. if you could give me an idea on witch one it is it would help. And if you have a tranny that is good and will fit my truck near North Andover MA please leave you name and Number and I will get back to you.
 
JH- if the wiring and fluids are fine then it sounds like t-convertor if you have to rev it up just to go into reverse. you may also want to think about rebuilding the tranny.
 
I have a 1992 f150 5.0 liter xlt 2wd with overdrive the tranny it will go in revers if you rev it up and the truck will go up to fifty in drive and then won't go any faster. I have check the wiring and fluids and they are fine. I was wondering if it is the torque converter or the gears. if you could give me an idea on witch one it is it would help. And if you have a tranny that is good and will fit my truck near North Andover MA please leave you name and Number and I will get back to you.


Sounds like about rebuild /replace time . But u have all issues with failing
 
Took truck to a shop and had it looked at and they said that first gear is gone and it hit the engine chip. got quoted 1,750 in rebuild. have called other places and got quotes ranging from 2,800- 3,500 for a rebuild and reinstall. And have parked the truck and looking for a tranny for around 200.00 in a running truck that is being parted out that works.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top