1990 Ford Bronco

  • Thread starter Thread starter martialjonah
  • Start date Start date
M

martialjonah

Guest
Greetings All! I just purchased a 1990 Ford Bronco and the previous owner advised me that the 4-wheel drive does not engage at the hub. He also advised me that the part I needed would cost around $180.00. I am new to the 4-wheel drive scene; does anyone know what the name of this part is? Thanks in Advance!
 
Welcome to Bronco Zone!!!

The part may be the locking hubs at the wheels or the ends of the axle. If you have a slotted lever that you can turn on the outside of the hub (in the center of the wheel), then you have manual hubs. If there's just a plate, maybe with "4X4" written on it, you have automatic hubs that engage when you put the transfer case lever into 4wd. The auto hubs are prone to malfunction, and most folks switch over to the manual ones for durability. The set of both hubs costs under $100.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top