1990 F250 speedo drive gear replace

toycraftusa

New Member
I'm looking for tips on how to replace the speedometer drive gear on a 1990 F250 4 wheel drive with a Borg Warner 1356 transfer...talking about the yellow gear located on the output shaft . I have removed the transfer case extension housing and can now see more has to come apart. My game for years has been working on Toyota's for a living...this is a different looking beast! Not having a repair manual, I was assuming the speedo gear would be held on the shaft with a snap ring and slide off the back of the shaft.....was I wrong, it appears to slide forward. Any help is very much appreciated.........thanks!!
 
I'm looking for tips on how to replace the speedometer drive gear on a 1990 F250 4 wheel drive with a Borg Warner 1356 transfer...talking about the yellow gear located on the output shaft . I have removed the transfer case extension housing and can now see more has to come apart. My game for years has been working on Toyota's for a living...this is a different looking beast! Not having a repair manual, I was assuming the speedo gear would be held on the shaft with a snap ring and slide off the back of the shaft.....was I wrong, it appears to slide forward. Any help is very much appreciated.........thanks!!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

followup............I found a website with good details on how to disassemble the transfer case.....got my problem handled..........thanks
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top