1989 F-150

I have an 89' F150 std. cab, short bed, M5OD-R2, and I have 6" and 35's.

4" of lift they recommend 33's. Its a pretty nice look. For 6" of lift they recommend 35's. Bot have the same gap. Its all on personal prefrence on how much gap you want between tires and fender wells.

Next, 3.83's isn't quite enough for 35's. If you have a M5OD-R2, your clutch will slip, like mine does. I have 3.55's. But for 33's it should be fine. But I believe they recommend 4.10's. For 35's, it calculates out to 4.30's, but w/ 4wd, you can't get 4.30's for the front D44, so next best is 4.56's If you a 2wd, I would go for the 4.30's personally if you go the 35" route.
 
i aslo have an 88 (bronco) with 33's on it with no lift. only time they rub is when i turn the wheel too sharp.
 
:angry:
i want a lift 33 or 35 in tires and 3:83 ratio is there anything else needed


watch the IFS plan ahead to do your lift because if you run into as many problems as i did, Your looking at a two day job without help. A 4" will clear 35's but your best bet is to run 12" wide wheels so their not rubbing your radius arms.

also make sure you get a dropped pitman arm. you can get them through i lot of places if it doesn't come with the kit for about $75
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top