1988 Ford

tippy39

New Member
Ok long post: I have a 1988 3/4 ton 4wd, p/u. I have a boss plow on it and it used to be a
company truck used to plow the parking lots.

I purchased the truck with the plow, what the problem is the clutch on the truck goes out
about every two years, this has happend sense it was new in fact the clutch was replaced
during the first year and each two or three years after.
Each change has been done by a dealer or a lic local repair.

Also one thing I noticed when the clutch was changed the first time is after it came back you could no
long take off in first gear you need to use what i call granny its a five speed.

Now the question does anyone have any idea why the clutch keeps going out so easly (it is only used
to plow snow nothing else) I should mention I also have about 1500 lbs of rock in bed to keep it steady.

If it just the nature of the beast to lose clutch anyone know if it could be changed to a auto tranmission
without spending an arm and leg

Thanks for any answer even it a smart alex on love good laugh

tippy
 
I plowed snow for years with a stick.never ate up clutches.I'd be asking questions on how well it was installed or changemy driving habits.
buying a cheap disc or not turning the flywheel will eat them up quick.
 
I plowed snow for years with a stick.never ate up clutches.I'd be asking questions on how well it was installed or changemy driving habits.
buying a cheap disc or not turning the flywheel will eat them up quick.
Yes I agree have a second truck and plow and the clutch on it is going on about
10 years so it seems its the truck itself.

I have always paid for someone to do it in past will do it myself this time

Thank you for your answer
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top