1988 F/s Rebuild

  • Thread starter Thread starter bmink650
  • Start date Start date
B

bmink650

Guest
Hello everybody, First time to this site. Its awesome so far. Well lets get to the point. I have 1988 full size bronco with 193,000 miles on it. The truck runs and drives still but its coming down to the line. I also have an 86' bronco that is complete but i am using it for a parts truck. My main concern is that I want to go with a carb setup instead of the efi because its easier but what kind of issues am i going to run into. Also will the tranny from the 86 go in the 88? I know thee 88 is an AOD, but i don't know about the 86? Will a c6 bolt to a 302? Any input will be greatly appreciated. I'm in desperate need of some help thanks everyone.
 
from my limited knowledge the c-6 should work as long as the bolts on top of the tranny where it meets the engine cause I was told there are 2 types of C6 trannies one for small block (302/351) and big block for bigger. as for AOD i beleive it should work fine cause that is what a buddy of mine had on 87 Lincon Towncar and it ran correctly. what are you going to do with your EFI equip if the carb trick works?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top