1987 F-150

Benham

New Member
I have a 1987 Ford F-150. It has the 351w HO in it. Does anyone know what the torque specs are for the spark plugs, and if to use anti-seize or not? I have the chiltons for it but can't find the torque specs anywhere. The truck did not run for about 5 years. It does now!! Had the carb rebuilt and replaced the gear on the distributor (3 teeth broken off) due to lack of maintenance. It has hot heat range plugs in it. I got some cold heat range plugs for it. I hope that they work out. I am trying to get a little better gas mileage.

Thanks to anyone who responds.
 
wow not very active lately, I hope you got the answers you were looking for. I use anti-seize on my plugs, as for torque I go one hand tight on the ratchet, the last thing you want to do is strip the threads in the head.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top