TennesseeOutlaw67
New Member
I recently bought a 1983 F100 2WD Long Bed Pick-up Truck. I'm looking to get the grandpa/stock wheels with hubcaps replaced with something a little meaner. I checked the original issue tire selections for this model and they show a size 15 tire/rim. I was wanting to know, since the truck is stock, can I go with a 16 or 17 inch tire/rim without any modifications such as a lift kit? It appears I should have plenty of clearance, but would hate to order the rims online only to find out I should have stuck with a 15 inch size. I'm not looking to go with mudder type tires, just a general on/off road style. Basically something which won't kill me on mileage or give an undersized appearance, but will fill up the wheel well areas and ride/handle nicely. Thanks in advance for any assistance/recommendations you can provide me.