Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased a 1981 Ford F-350 4/4, according to the seller, the truck sat for 1 year. I put in 5 gallons of gas in tank number 1 because it was empty and drove it about 3 miles to a 4/4 terrain and just before crossing a creek the truck shut off on me, luckly my son found the switch to switch tanks and I was able to turn it on again an cross the creek but right after the truck shut off again... to make the story short, a so called mechanic helped me to replace mechanical fuel pump and the selenoid in the middle of the tanks with no luck, we even put gas in the carburator and still did not work. Finally here comes the question, I paid 800.00 for the truck plus 460.00 for title transfer and other penalties, I havent really test the truck fully. Is it worth putting more money in the truck or sell it?, someone offered me 2500.00 for the truck already, but I am a very honest person and don't want to sell something that may not be worth that money.
Please advise me, I do not know anything about trucks and I am not mechanically inclined.
Thanks.
I recently purchased a 1981 Ford F-350 4/4, according to the seller, the truck sat for 1 year. I put in 5 gallons of gas in tank number 1 because it was empty and drove it about 3 miles to a 4/4 terrain and just before crossing a creek the truck shut off on me, luckly my son found the switch to switch tanks and I was able to turn it on again an cross the creek but right after the truck shut off again... to make the story short, a so called mechanic helped me to replace mechanical fuel pump and the selenoid in the middle of the tanks with no luck, we even put gas in the carburator and still did not work. Finally here comes the question, I paid 800.00 for the truck plus 460.00 for title transfer and other penalties, I havent really test the truck fully. Is it worth putting more money in the truck or sell it?, someone offered me 2500.00 for the truck already, but I am a very honest person and don't want to sell something that may not be worth that money.
Please advise me, I do not know anything about trucks and I am not mechanically inclined.
Thanks.