1978 rear drum brakes

DDurban

New Member
I have a 78' F-250 Custom with a dana 60 rear end and floating axles. I recently decided to change the brakes on it. I found that the hubs were attached to the drums and appear to be welded on. has anyone else come across this same thing or have some helpful information on my drums? I would like to get new drums for the truck but can't seem to find any with the hubs attached also. Please help
 
there should be no reason why your drums would be welded on, unless you see welds on the hub flange it may just be rusted on. if the drum is indeed welded then you will have to remove the axle shaft in order to get a look at your brakes.
 
i have two 79`s and a 75.All of them 3/4 ton 4x4`s.The drums and the hubs are one piece.you have to take the axle out to pull the Drum/Hub.I have never seen it any other way.Truck wrecking yards will have them if yours cant be turned due to age.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top