1978 F150 brake light/blinker problems

Montiehall

New Member
Hello all, I just bought a 78 F150 and i am having electrical problems. I am getting 12 volts to the brake light socket when both bulbs are out but when I put one bulb in the voltage drops to 5v and the bulb won't light. As soon as I pull the bulb out the voltage goes back to 12v . Made new harness for rear amid still same problem.

Any help would be great before I just take it all out.

I just replaced the wiring from rear to firewall and still same problem.

Well I found the problem to be power drop from fuse box to brake switch. I ran an in line fuse from Batt to switch and everything started working.
 
Hello all, I just bought a 78 F150 and i am having electrical problems. I am getting 12 volts to the brake light socket when both bulbs are out but when I put one bulb in the voltage drops to 5v and the bulb won't light. As soon as I pull the bulb out the voltage goes back to 12v . Made new harness for rear amid still same problem.

Any help would be great before I just take it all out.

I just replaced the wiring from rear to firewall and still same problem.

Well I found the problem to be power drop from fuse box to brake switch. I ran an in line fuse from Batt to switch and everything started working.


I am having the same problem. Although I do not see a voltage drop. But am willing to try anything.... Did you run a new power wire from battery to the brake switch on the pedal??
I am also having issues with the blinkers not working when the headlights or parking lights on....

Thanks' John
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top