1978 F-150 351M Trailer Special

Hornet

New Member
Hello all,

I am restoring a 78 F-150 Trailer Special. Body, chasis and transmission is mint condition the engine compartment is in complete chaos. I have looked at local junkyards for replacement parts but the pickings are slim.

I have the engine out and being rebuilt to factory specs and condition by Jasper. I still need to find the following parts to complete the full restoration;

The engine is a 351 Modified with Motorcraft 2150 2v carb.

here is what I am looking for:

1. Complete air cleaner assembly including the preheater for the exhaust manifold
2. EGR valve with carb spacer and gaskets
3. Air manifold tube and vacum check valve (it's that multi outlet manifold that comes out at back of intake manifold)

That would complete the things I need for a total restoration. Been working on this truck for about a year now and it's getting close.

I have searched most of the usual Ford catalogs like Dennis Carpenter, LMC and California Fords but even the reporduction houses don't seem to stock the Air Cleaner assemblies. Couldn't find anything on Ebay or other auctions. Hoping I will get some good info here.

Thanks guys
Hornet
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top