1977 F-250 SC 351M

Ford1977

New Member
I'll start with a little background. I bought this truck about 4 years ago for 1100.00 because the supercab was straight and I liked it. About two years ago I had a problem with water in the gas while on vacation.. a REAL nightmare for the next few months. Got it cleaned out, but it never fully "recovered" - always seemed to still be a little off.

However I don't THINK this is related.

Now suddenly in the past 2 weeks it has been a real pain to start.. occasionally backfiring out the carb on acceleration but not often. Sometimes when I try to start it it makes like a air-burp sound through the carb and black smoke comes out. When I do get it running and I'm stopped at a light or in a drive thru or whatever it will gradually idle down to a sputter and I have to hit the gas pedal to bring it back up, even in Neutral.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my primary AND secondary mode of transportation <ouch> and I need to get it straight.

A little added info.. about 3 weeks ago it passed emissions and was superclean.
HC (PPM) 68 of 300
CO(%) .664 of 2.5
Dilution 8.5 %
6 % required
 
may b you're egr valve stick ?? or vacum goint to egr
sound like it .hard start. black smoke. bad idle under low rpm
ad sim prom 77 cougar 302 cid
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top