1973 F250 High Boy Questions

fordfarm

New Member
Howdy,

Just started working on f250 high boy and need some help. The truck is a 360 V8, which is the 351 M??? Not sure about that. Anyway the first thing is the missing dip stick and tube. I am wondering where I can buy one and how they are generally installed. Does the oil pan come out or is it easier than that?
Second question is about the Holley 2 bbl carburetor. I am going to rebuild it, but cannot find a matching kit. The carb. id tag seems to be gone if there was one. Does anyone know the carb id and where I might find a kit online??
The last question is where could a parts manual be found? I have been looking all over the internet for these things and cannot find exactly what I am looking for. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
 
your engine is actually a part of what ford calls the fe engine group (352,360,390,427,428), so allot of parts interchange from these engines. as far as I know the dipstick tube should just push down from top, when I had my oil pan off of my 390, I'm pretty sure it just pulled out. as far as the carb, you should be able to go to the ford house and they should be able to tell you what carb you have by looking at it and the diagram they have, and they might be able to get the kit for you. hope this helps



fordfarm said:
Howdy,

Just started working on f250 high boy and need some help. The truck is a 360 V8, which is the 351 M??? Not sure about that. Anyway the first thing is the missing dip stick and tube. I am wondering where I can buy one and how they are generally installed. Does the oil pan come out or is it easier than that?
Second question is about the Holley 2 bbl carburetor. I am going to rebuild it, but cannot find a matching kit. The carb. id tag seems to be gone if there was one. Does anyone know the carb id and where I might find a kit online??
The last question is where could a parts manual be found? I have been looking all over the internet for these things and cannot find exactly what I am looking for. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
[snapback]16578[/snapback]​
 



Hey Bud, I know the feeling about finding part's for these OLD SCHOOL FORD'S.
Everyone wants to own the new trucks......no thanks!
I have a 73 f-250 I swapped out the 360ci and put the beast 460ci.
I could not find the oil tube that goes in the timing case, until I came across.......
www.dennis-carpenter.com or LMC TRUCKS.com these to FORD part dist. have evrything.

Check out my 73 f-250.............BUILT FORD TOUGH!

View attachment 787
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top