1973 F-250 460 swap from 360

Donawayjr

New Member
I have a 73 F-250 with a 360 engine and c-6 transmission with divorced transfer case.I am swapping out the 360 for a 460.
My problem is the trans,they have different bell housing bolt patterns.What trans should be used? Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
I have a 73 F-250 with a 360 engine and c-6 transmission with divorced transfer case.I am swapping out the 360 for a 460.
My problem is the trans,they have different bell housing bolt patterns.What trans should be used? Any help is greatly appreciated.
find one out of a 77 to 79 never ran into that problem before.
 
yeah it's called the FE bellhousing,you need a bb trans,351m/400/429/460.the c-6 will be all one unit and big,the FMX is 2pc and is half aluminum and cast.good trans but not much after market parts,c-4 is another 2 pc,they didn't make very many bb c4's.
I'd look into a overdrive trans,you get a lower first gear and the odrive.you can get kits to run them on non computer controlled trucks.
 
Find a C-6 out off an early '77 F-250 4x4 that had a 351M/400.Thats the only year that engine(with the bell you need)was offered in a divorced T-case F-250.That will make life easier on you.
 
when the t-case is divoreced they just use a 2wd trans.so why not use a odrive 2wd trans?any car,truck,van,bus that had a 351m,400,429,460 and was 2wd.the trans will work.c-6 that is.any will work you will just have to lentghen or shorten the drive shaft to the t-case.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top