1968 F100 steering

Swanson G

New Member
I have a 1968 F100 1/2ton, and when i bought the truck it had power steering installed. The problem is that it was from a 72 or later model. I want to replace it with the 68 stock power steering. I cant find a place that has the system and would very much like to replace it. Any help would be great!
 
Swanson said:
I have a 1968 F100 1/2ton, and when i bought the truck it had power steering installed. The problem is that it was from a 72 or later model. I want to replace it with the 68 stock power steering. I cant find a place that has the system and would very much like to replace it. Any help would be great!
[snapback]16435[/snapback]​


I have a 1969 F-100 1/2 Ton.... it has manual steering...i dont think that power steering was even put in any of those late a models..... i believe it would be easier to transform it to rackopinion steering than to powersteering ....but i really dont think they had stock power steering on those late ones
 
{}~rݚ£~ said:
I have a 1969 F-100 1/2 Ton.... it has manual steering...i dont think that power steering was even put in any of those late a models..... i believe it would be easier to transform it to rackopinion steering than to powersteering ....but i really dont think they had stock power steering on those late ones
[snapback]16573[/snapback]​



The problem with the steering is that the previous owner hacked in a system from a 72.
I was told that power steering for this truck was an option from the dealer. Thank you for the help.
 
yes my 68 had original power steering but finding a replacement for me was a big you know i finally got a pump from a 75 and put the pulley on backwards so it would line up with the belts and it worked.
 
Swanson said:
I have a 1968 F100 1/2ton, and when i bought the truck it had power steering installed. The problem is that it was from a 72 or later model. I want to replace it with the 68 stock power steering. I cant find a place that has the system and would very much like to replace it. Any help would be great!
[snapback]16435[/snapback]​
go to www.fordification.com and look under the technical papers section for "converting to power steering". This should tell you a lot about your steering and he also has (I think) an early bedix box for sale. ^_^
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top