1966 Bronco 170ci 6 Cyl

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimdeli
  • Start date Start date
J

jimdeli

Guest
I have bought new rings for my 170 ci 6 cyl. There are 2 different compression rings. One has the dot on the chamfer side and one is on the flat side. I need to know in which order they need to be installed. Thanks!
 
Here is what I have found to be true...

The dot is usually on the side that faces the head or points up.

The chamfered ring is usually the second ring and usually the chamfer faces down although you say that the dot is on the chamfered side of the ring which goes against this.

I would probably just make sure the dot faces up on both rings and that you use the chamfered ring as the second one.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top