1960 F100 Upgrades

Omotose

New Member
I'm glad I found this forum while cruising the Bronco Graveyard researching parts. I've recently picked up a 1960 F100 4X4.

Here's a pic.
IMG_0631.jpg


So this truck is basically stock other than it has had a Cummins 4BT swapped in. The tranny is a BW t19. It still has the closed knuckle Dana 44 and manual steering. I want to swap the 44 out for an open knuckle, convert to disc brakes, and add power steering.

What I need to research and learn about is the best way to accomplish this. I also have a '66 Bronco that I swapped in a Dana 44 and converted to disc brakes and power steering but that was fairly easy given the aftermarket stuff available and the Bronco parts support. The F100 will be a little more of a challenge. The factory steering is behind the axle and the steering knuckle is on the left side. I'd like to get a steering box mounted ahead of the axle and come up with a crossover steering.

I'd appreciate any knowledgable input to this project.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top