77mudtruck
New Member
I have a 1977 ford f-150 that has been lifted I am guessing around 10 inches, it currently has 44 inch tires. Unfortunately it has a dana 44 coil sprung front axle, and a ford 9 inch rear. More unfortunately it has four wheel drum brakes, which doesn't make much sense, from what I have found that year had disc front brakes. My buddy has found me a set of 1 ton axles from a 79 ford f350 single wheel. The thing is the front axle is a leaf sprung axle. I am looking for any suggestions on springs and mounting options, anything would be helpful, I suppose I could convert the 1 ton axle to coil sprung but honestly that sounds a lot more technical and really easy to mess up. I don't have any reason to prefer coils over leafs for this truck, actually for this truck the lower maintenance of the leaf springs would be a plus. If you have anything helpful please let me know.